Design Wall Monday, August 9, 2010

Here we are again another fabulous day of design walls. There certainly are some wonderful projects going on and excitingly finished this Monday. We sure have a bunch of creative participants in our group. Such a thrill when the last seams come together. Then it's time to start on another. With my library of patterns and stash there is no shortage of something to work on next. It just becomes a matter of which project.

This week I'll be working on a Cozy Quilt Designs pattern by Daniela Stout called Romantic Getaway which uses 2 1/2" strips. It comes in four finished sizes from Throw to King. I'll be making the Throw at 65" x 79". It will use up about half of the strips I have from the Hoffman Bali Pop Berry Bliss collection. I have a medium blue batik with a small tone on tone design for the Accent and a real nice white cotton with a blue circular pattern for the Background. I'll figure out what looks best for the three borders as it comes together. I do have plenty of the white cotton and enough of the backing to consider for two of the borders. This quilt I've coined Katching Kisses.



The large piece of fabric on the far right is my backing. Maybe you'll notice that I pulled out from the Berry Bliss collection all the deeper shades so that they have an opportunity to pull out the Accent. Hopefully I've been able to calculate that correctly or if not an adjustment might be necessary. Stay tuned.


Go to Judy's blog at www.patchworktimes.com and see what everyone else is up to this Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

Kathie said...

Boy you are organized and always seem to notice what project you are going to do next. I usually work on several things at once but usually don't know what my next new project will be.

kwiltnkats said...

Drives me crazy to work on too much at once although it happens like that more than I like. I have a tote pan with all my projects in it. Each 2.5 gal baggie has what's needed or what's collected for that project. When it's time for something new I pull out the baggie that is most complete. If it needs something its to my stash I go, if not there its to my girl friends stash or quilt shop. When I have all the fabrics for a project I usually do some cutting during my lunch break. So these projects are pretty much ready to pick up and sew when it's time. Another thing I've got helpful for determining next projects is a list of what projects I want to accomplish. Feels real good to check them off the list :)

Shellie said...

I love the colors. Can't wait to see it finished.

Betty said...

LOL, didn't get that skill of being organized from me, must have gotten it from your dad. I am so proud of you and your beautiful work.