Sunday Stash Report, August 1, 2010

Not only is it the start of a new week, but the start of another month. August already! We had a beautiful day in San Diego today. The sun was shining and a real nice breeze was coming in off the ocean. Several friends got together to enjoy it and remember the birthdays of two special men, my brother and a close friend recently parted. They both would have enjoyed our celebration at the Green Flash on such a beautiful day just off the beach. Later in the day after the chores were done I headed up to my sewing room to put the finishing touches on Kotton Kandy Kocktail. This project came together nicely this past week. It finished at 55 1/2 by 70 1/2. I also got the back pieced together. I have some leftover strips from the Cotton Candy Hoffman Bali Pop that I used and some from my strips stash to make the binding as well. This project used fabrics from my stash entirely.





Used this week: 8 yards
Used YTD: 18 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 0 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 18 yards


My next project is already selected. It will be from the Timeless Treasures pattern called Blue Moon. Mine will be coined Karibbean. I've got batiks to use for this project; several dark navy prints and a light blue that has a small design for the background that will pull all the navy prints together. More on Karibbean tomorrow.

7 comments:

Kathie said...

Very pretty quilt, love it. Yes it is hard to believe it is August already.

Vicki H. said...

I think this is a very pretty and great use of your fabric. Nice quilt. Ugh, August. Who let that month in already??? First signs of the end of summer are already upon us here in the North country.

Barb in Mi said...

Love your quilt - and all from stash, that must be a great feeling! Will come back for karibbean.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I'm loving your quilt~ is there a pattern?

Thanks for the fusible tip you left on my blog comments! I appreciate it!

Judy D in WA said...

Ohhh, I really like this quilt. Very soothing.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I wanted to reply to your comment about adding warm colors to my quilt. I just have a few blocks made and put them up to see if I would like the setting. I have oodles of blocks to make yet. Thanks for the input. :)

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I like your Kotton Kandy quilt, I am into squares this year.

glen in louisiana

kwiltnkats said...

Pat, look at my July 28 post for details. The pattern is called Strip Cocktail. Thanks everyone for compliments on Kotton Kandy Kocktail :)
Glen, did you notice JudyL's Peaches & Dreams pattern? It's on her website under free patterns. Love it!