Design Wall Monday, August, 23, 2010




On my design wall this week is Krimson Khat. This one will take me awhile for sure. Lots of pieces, which is just the way I enjoy my projects. I've got to make 30 of the nine-patch block; 20 done, 10 to go. I've got to make 120 of the bear paw block; 36 done and a long way to go. The bear paw blocks come together like the one on the far right with neutral sashing between the four blocks and a 2" red square in the center. I like the way the border units come together, but that's a little bit down the road yet. I had quite a bit of time Sunday to sew between all the weekly chores, yuck! I'm certain to have more progress when I blog again on Wednesday.


Go to Judy's blog at http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and see what everyone else is up to this Design Wall Monday.



10 comments:

Chris said...

It might take a while, but it will so be worth it. It looks incredible.

Tamera said...

Wow! That's really lovely.

Kathie said...

Lots of pieces but it is going to be nice. Love the raspberry colored fabrics.

Betty said...

Wpw! that should keep you busy for a LITTLE while. You sew so fast, next time we look at it, it will be done. Great color choice. very nice

AnnieO said...

That's a lot of pieces, yes, but coming together so well. I thought those looked like Dove in the Window blocks since the triangle squares are turned opposite. Whatever you call them, they are pretty!

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

This looks gorgeous. So worth the effort. I really enjoy quilts with lots of piecing - just don't take the time to do it. Love your colours. Thanks for sharing. Hope you got lots down between chores!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

That is going to turn out terrific. Love the colors.

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

I appreciate your stamina! They look great....

Vicki H. said...

That is really pretty. I think that you have a winner on your hands.

Lisa D. said...

I just found your blog - wow, that's a pretty quilt!