Design Wall Monday, August 16, 2010

The gold you see in the first photo worked well with Border 3 but not with the rest of the quilt. That gold was all that remotely worked that I found in my stash. You can see why I was feeling the need to purchase...
Believe it or not I did end up finding something in my stash! During my first stash hunt I'd found a real good blue blender batik to match the accent fabric, but only two FQs touched my hands which just wasn't enough to go around for Border 2. I didn't want to cut back on the pattern indicated size to allow them to work because doing so wouldn't have given Border 1 as much of a punch. Anyway my second stash hunt uncovered another FQ exactly like I'd found on my first search. There it was sitting right there in the blue fabric tote pan. YEAH! The third FQ gave me just what I needed to get all the way around. I had to modify Border 3 down an inch to make it work, but the porportion change with the other two borders and the quilt's center worked out fine. Guess it pays sometimes to take a second look. Here's Katching Kisses...
This week I'm going to work on some 4-patches. A little bit of 2" strip stash management if you get my drift. I'll have my eyes open for reds and ivory's for a project I'm collecting for called Dove in the Window by Glad Creations, Inc. I'll be adding them to existing half square triangles that are scraps from a Bonnie Hunter project I'd worked on recently for the Sunshine Guild Opportunity Quilt. Hope you have a great sewing week.

Go to Judy's blog at http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and see what everyone else is up to this Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Very pretty and I like the blue borders, glad you found the fabric you wanted. Of course it would have been a perfectly good reason to go to the quilt store..lol

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I like the quilt very much. and I like that you found stuff in your stash.......I nver can. Must do stash management myself. Shhhhh!

Betty said...

Yeah, that did it.... Looks great, glad that you had the blue in your stash. Really brings the whole quilt together. Are you glad that you changed your mind from the brown?

Shellie said...

I love the colors. The blue was an excellent choice. Great job stash shopping.

Kerry's Quilting said...

Love this quilt- The blue was a great choice!