Friday, November 23, 2012

Is your tummy still full?  No cooking a meal for me yesterday.  Instead the two of us went to Mimi's for their Thanksgiving Feast.  It sure was yummy...a three course meal that started with soup or salad.  I choose corn chowder, DH had tomato basil bisque.  Dark turkey meat with all the trimmings next.  Pumpkin pie or bread pudding to round it all out.  I chose pumpkin pie (which we took home) and DH had the bread pudding.  The restaurant was busy which goes to show that not everyone desires to cook which sometimes only means for two.  Very difficult cooking a full on turkey dinner for two...

Kwiltathon
I got this one done on Wednesday.  It is a quiltathon weekend with Judy at Patchwork Times in August this year.  My theme fabric is "Golden Books".  Do you remember them from your childhood?


Thursday I finished everything on Karen's Knines.  I changed direction on the inner border and went with a black print.  I purchased 9 1/4 yards fabric from Quilters Paradise for the back.  I'll add it in in Sunday, but take it off too.  Sorry to say it will be the last time at Quilters Paradise since they close their store front on today.  One heck of a deal on the purchase at $4.50 a yard.  I'll sure miss this shop.

I'm all set, sewing table is clear...Easy Street is next!

4 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great job on the finishes! Love the Golden Books quilt. :)

Janet O. said...

Yes, I remember Golden Books--still have some of them.
You have two great tops here Sandi--red and yellow in both. Such a classic combination.

Carole in Nebraska said...

Love the 9 Patch.

I also have to do "Turkey for 2" but a turkey breast takes care of it with plenty of leftovers. Aaah, God bless leftovers!!

Betty said...

Both quilts turned out very nice. Now are you ready for Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt. I know you will be right on the ball. Look forward to seeing the results.