Design Wall Monday, November 19 ,2012

Karen's Knines
I'm nearly done with the top assembly.  This is one big quilt!  I have all the blocks sewn together into rows.  Right now there are five sections that I need to connect.  Next will be finding the right inner border.  I'm thinking a burgundy would look good.

Karen's Knines Close
During the football games today I hand sewed down the binding for my Mom's quilt.  I'm not sure of the name of the pattern, but it is a strip design from Cozy Quilt Shop.  A friend found some great "foody" fabrics in good shape at an estate sale recently.  She passed them along to me and it worked perfect for this quilt.  My Mom plans to donate it to a hospice in Southern Maryland.
Mom's Black and White
I am working to have my sewing room ready for Bonnie's Mystery that starts on Friday.  I should be in good shape.  Tuesday I hope to start pulling all the fabrics from my stash that I think I'll be using.  Will you be involved with Easy Street?

I'll be going to Canyon Quilt Guild Meeting tonight.  It is Potluck and Challenge night along with the last meeting of the year.  I'll be eating light the first few days of this week making room for the big event on Thursday.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

8 comments:

Betty said...

Karen's Knines is really big, you really used that new design wall (every bit of it, lol) I like you choice of the inner border. The black and white quilt looks good, so many worthy groups are ready to receive a lovely quilt. Good job.

Jennifer said...

I agree with using burgundy for your border - congrats on getting the top (almost) together so fast! I will be joining the Easy Street gang later this week and look forward to seeing everyone play along!

I Quilt for Fun said...

Wow!

Frog Quilter said...

Karen's nine rocks. The color is so nice I could just eat it up!!!!

Janet O. said...

Times like this a big design wall is such a blessing! You pulled this top together in record time, I think. I love the classic-ness of this quilt (did I just invent a new word?).
I'll be watching everyone's "Easy Street" progress with great interest--and probably start on mine after the big reveal. I don't have enough of those colors, I want to work from stash., but I want to see the design they form before subbing colors--and there is no time for me to work on anything but gifts during the holidays. You will probably have your finished before I start!! : )

cajunquilter said...

I am thinking about starting the mystery. Haven't done one before. But I will have company sleeping in my sewing room from Wednesday till Saturday so if I do it won't start till after that.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

9 patches are so great and I think a burgundy border will be perfect... love both of your projects!

Gari in AL said...

the 9 patch is really impressive and the B\W is beautiful. Thanks for mentioning Easy Street. I am not much for mysteries but I may join in after a few of the clues are posted.