Design Wall Monday, November 5, 2012


I finished up Krabapple and decided next to finish up a few small projects I had going on.  First up the 9-patch neutral blocks.  Another 25 were made adding to the others that will at some point be made into a project.  Don't know what that will be yet, but I'm sure these will come in handy some day.


Next up Sunshine Quilt Guild's November BOM.  The stripe was provided with instructions to add in two complimentary colors for each block.  I really liked how the green with a touch of gold sparkle played with the stripe and the rust and orange looked nice too.  I thought about a deep purple, but decided to stay in line with what might be more popular.  The deep purple really did look nice.  The meeting isn't for another week so I'm early.


Finally I pulled fabrics, cut pieces...


arranged...


and completed the November Quilt Square Quilt Along block.  This is a Lori Smith design from her pattern Quilt Squares #6.  This one is Small Quilt #5. DH said I should make this one over the Single Star design...because it looked so much like the others.  This one was more unique; so I went for it!


It brings in another light block to match the two already made.  These are the blocks that will eventually be made into a sampler.  Only December block to go.


Today at lunch I'm pulling from my 1 1/2" stash for anything that will work for Sister's Nine Patch.  This pattern is in her Adventures with Leaders and Enders book.  The pages in the book kept flipping to this pattern while I was making Krabapple (Crabapple).  There must have been something calling me to make this quilt.  I'm going to stay with Bonnie's colors that are reds ranging anywhere from dark pink to red to burgundy and neutrals ranging from white to cream to beige to tan.  Bonnie's instructions are for 2" squares, but I'm going a 1/2" smaller.  More 9-patches coming!


I will be getting into another project this week, Krayons.  The Scrappy Layered Log Cabin from a workshop I took with Karen Eckmeier in January at Road to California Quilt Show.  More on this one as the week progresses.

Make sure you vote!




6 comments:

Janet O. said...

So many good things going on your way, Sandi.
I think the deep purple would look great in the November BOM, too. Is purple not popular? Why hasn't someone told me? : )
I need to go look up Sister's Nine Patch and see what it is you will be making there.
I am in love with the Scrappy Layered Log Cabin blocks. They are gorgeous!

Betty said...

I like the powerful colors of the log cabin blocks. You are reaaly ahead, making blocks that are to be put in reserve.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh I love the Sisters Nine Patch!!! We had a Bonnie Trunk Show at our Guild this past week to get people excited about her coming in 2013. One of the girls brought her S9P and we all fell in love! I'm thinking we may try to do a swap for the nine-patches.

Conni said...

Love your little pinwheel blocks!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love your quilt block - they all look great! Hard to believe that there is only one more. ~Jeanne

Lynn said...

Your blocks look good together! Only one month left!