Design Wall Monday, November 26, 2012


I have Step 1 complete.  I'm sure there are lots others working on Easy Street.  You can see many of them HERE at the link in Bonnie Hunter's post.  I did not think I would have enough black on whites, but I found a bunch tucked away in my cats and dogs theme stash.  I have a fair amount of the constant grey left.  I wonder if it will be used again?  What color fabric is next up Bonnie?  I like all three apple green, dark red and blue purples, along with turquoise and teals.


From the second football game through to the 3rd quarter of the evening game I sewed down sleeves.  I finished three of the four to do. 


Mom's black and white quilt will be enroute to Maryland tomorrow morning.  It was the first to finish. 

Kerfuffle


Kwiltathon

Knickels
Kerfuffle and Kwiltathon were next.  Kerfuffle will be displayed for a time at work with Kwiltathon following next.  Knickels will be next to finish.


I plan to get some navy fabric tomorrow for my Sister's quilt.  I have several dark blues but none go as well as one that I don't have enough of to get around the quilt.  It is a big quilt from a very old top whose maker is not known.  My Sister has had it for sometime now and it came to my attention in September during my visit.  A back from Rosie's turned out to be perfect.  I am very pleased with the quilting.

Kontinental
Did you have a quilt to donate to the Sandy Storm relief?  I sent Kontinental to New York not too long ago and had confirmation that it made it to the addressee on Friday.  I haven't heard lately if the power is restored to all or not at this time.  There were still pleas during the football games to send whatever you can. 

Hope your last week of November is all you want it to be.  Don't spend too much on this Cyber Monday!  Many others have projects to show through the links of Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Why am I not surprised that you have finished step one already? : )
Every quilt you show here looks great!
Good of you to send a quilt for Sandy victims. I never seem to have quilts on hand ready to send. Wish I was as organized and consistent as you seem to be!

Betty said...

Organized is Sandi's middle name, lol. Sorry that all that sewing didn't bring your team to a win. I love your quilts and gosh all those four patch sections are completed. You certainly know how to use your time wisely.

Unknown said...

Your fabrics caught my eye, as my yardage of grey is dark also. Thanks for posting, now I have a lot more confidence that the dark grey will work out great!

Unknown said...

Had to click on your blog because I liked the very dark grey showing! You are sew very organized :-)

Sharyn Hutchinson said...

I love your 4-patches! I live in NJ but always visit Rosie's when I go to San Diego.

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, you have been productive! I love your sister's quilt - is it a special pattern?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been sewing like crazy! All the quilts are lovely, but I especially like the black, white and red one. Your mystery 4-patches look great - I LOVE the piano keyboard fabric!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn