Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I've got lots to write about today. 

 



These are the ready to deliver Chunky Churndashes Swap blocks.  Everyone will start receiving them over the next few days.  Three head east to Maryland tomorrow morning.  I'd hoped to get to Beverly's tonight, but it didn't happen.  Other arrangements will need to be made for Jeanne and Sally.  Next up is Amidon's on Friday where Sue will get hers.  Saturday brings a stop at Rosie's where Debra, Collette, and Susie will get theirs.  Then there are all the rest to find there new owners.


Judy pulled #8 for March's 2012 UFO Challenge project.  I'll be making her design Road to Brownwood.  Not sure at this time what colors mine will end up.  I very much like her use of scrappy purples, green and yellow.  Need to check the stash and get busy on this beauty.


The 2012 Cruisin' Quilters Shop Hop starts this weekend in San Diego.  I'm not sure I'll get to all 14 of the shops this year, but I'm going to give it a go!  Maybe I'll see you out there.  I'll be wearing my kwiltnkats logo T-shirt...look for me :)!

 
Here's my other March project.  Jo's Country Junction's Quilt Square Quilt Along.  The star design is for this month.  I'll be using similar colors to go along well with the log cabin and bear paw designs from January and February.  These blocks along with six others will come together to make a sampler at the end of 2012.

I have the blue string blocks removed of paper on Part 7 of Kordova Klosure.  Still need to pick up the flying geese Bloc Loc ruler for squaring up the 127 flying geese units.  Then it's on to assembly.  Pictures of Part 7 coming soon.

The best part to write about is that my Koala Sewing Cabinet is being delivered tomorrow!  I'm so excited.  I have the insert already and a borrowed chair (just until mine arrives)...so I'm set!  I'll be sure to show you my new set up after a bit of arranging.  Come on tomorrow!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your March UFO looks like a fun pattern. I'm all for any combination of purple and green. : )
Cabinet finally arriving! Yippee!! I hope you will share photos!

Betty said...

Fantastic...... It is coming, it will be well worth the wait, be patient..... I know you will love it. I like your new UFO