Sunday Stash Report, February 19, 2012

I'm working today on my Koknut No! project.  It is my February 2012 UFO Challenge with Patchwork Times.  I've still got to finish the pineapples.  What remains is the zigzag stitching around the leaves.  The four strips to the left are the first border.  Next is a solid green narrow border and last a piano key border where I will bring in some other colors...not too many...just enough to add some interest.  No purchases this week and nothing ready to claim as used.

Last Wednesday I got a call from a local delivery shop to schedule the delivery of my Koala Sewing Cabinet.  Even though I tried hard to get them to deliver on Thursday or Friday (so I could have it for the weekend), Monday was scheduled.  So excited about this delivery I'm sure you know.  Saturday I was in the the middle of a manicure/pedicure and received a call from Koala.  Surprised...  The representative went on to tell me that they were sorry but the delivery for Monday had been cancelled.  What?  Turns out Koala still had my cabinet on their dock in Chicago.  What?  They had the paperwork mixed up and the wrong cabinet had been shipped to me.  So disappointed I'm sure you know.  I'm told the correct cabinet would ship on Monday.  I'm to expect my cabinet now to arrive on Wednesday or Thursday in my area.  Delivery hopefully can be Friday.  Oh and since I'd not received the chair yet I asked about it.  BACK ORDER!!!  What?  Since this is a taller cabinet I need a bar height chair to sew.  Chair won't ship until sometime the first or second week of March!  I've waited this long guess I'll need to wait a bit longer.  Maybe I'll just have to borrow a friends bar stool...got one anyone?

For my stash report this week here's the totals.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 46 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 9.75 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 36.25 yards

Be sure to see how others are doing at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

The pineapples are beautiful, Sandi.
So maddening when you have your hopes up for something and they keep getting dashed!

DeeDee said...

Love the pineapples. You will soon have the perfect sewing room. Sorry about all the delays.

Melanie said...

I love your pineapples! I'm so sorry your sewing room purchases keep getting delayed! Hopefully all the frustrations will be forgotten when you have your dream sewing space.

Jennifer Thomas said...

Sandi - I just love the pineapples. They are so, so adorable! Hang in there, you'll have that Koala, yet. Have a super day!

Teresa in Music City said...

How disappointing!!! But you'll have your cabinet and chair before you know it! I just LOVE your pinapples - can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Amy said...

Your pineapple project is cute! Sorry to hear about your delivery problems with your new cabinet and chair. I know it is a disappointment.

dstitcher said...

Be patient, it is well worth the wait. You could always do a bunch of cutting while you wait for your chair. I would like to see (in person) how you stitched down the pineapples. You will be sharing this at Guild, right? You always have such beautiful sharing.