Design Wall Monday, February 6, 2012

This week starts with pulling fabrics from stash for my two February UFOs.  First up is the Bear Paw 12" square block in this pattern by Lori Smith.  It's part of Jo's Country Junction Quilt Square Quilt Along.  In March another block from this pattern will be selected and then we move on to Quilt Squares #4 pattern.  This is going to be a fun project to work on throughout the year.  The Bear Paw design is one of my favorites.  Is it one of yours?

Sunshine Pineapple by Vicki Stratton and Barbara Jones will be put together in February too.  I'll be using stash and leftovers from the workshop I took at Road to California, Scrappy Layered Log Cabin, so I'll be getting to both of these in February.  I've already come up with a "K" name for this 2007 purchased pattern.  (I've had lots of time to think of one...)  Kokonut No!
I got Keeping Kool back all quilted and ready to bind this weekend from Kerry's Quilting.  Kerry did a great job changing up the quilting pattern on each row.  This project was a row exchange coordinated by Karen Collin as a group project with Sunshine Quilt Guild in 2009.  I'll be showing you this cute quilt a bit later this week.  I've got a bunch of embellishments to put back on (not good to have on during quilting) before I reveal it to you.  Don't know which row is my favorite.  I'll be anxious to see which one you pick.

Check out other Design Walls this week via Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Kathie said...

Pineapple quilt is just to cute, reminds me of Hawaii.

Janet O. said...

These two projects are so different from each other, but both are beauties!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great projects and I love your pineapples!

marcella said...

Love bear paw blocks! Can't wait to see how yours turn out - and the pineapple one too.

Betty said...

I love the pineapple quilt, such great colors. I am sure this is a paper pieced quilt????

JudyCinNC said...

I love the Bear Paw - favorite pattern was from Animas Quilts - Jackie Robinson's free BOM several years back. She included a different configuration in each of "the paw" areas. Have fun with your BOM. Judy C

JudyCinNC said...

I love this pineapple quilt and Kokonut is perfect. JC

Teresa in Music City said...

Just LOVE your pineapple quilt!!!

Quilty Conscience said...

Love, love, love your Sunset Pineapples!