Design Wall Monday, February 27, 2012


Happy Monday!

I had a very good sewing weekend.  I finished all the sewing for Part 7 of Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay Mystery.  I've been wanting to get back to this project since setting it aside in January.  Too many projects at the time that had deadlines.  The first photo is the flying geese that were made from the string blocks and a pieced triangle in each corner (there were 127 of these).  You can get a glimpse of one on the far right.  I've to got to take the paper off, iron and trim these up yet.  I plan on purchasing the flying geese Bloc Loc ruler to help me do this.  One is available at Cozy's Quilt Shop...I'll be heading that direction sometime this week.


This is the second portion of Part 7.  Since I know the outcome of the mystery I know now that these components, 100 of them and the two hour glass blocks at the top make up the border.  I used the HST Bloc Loc ruler to square these up too.  I'm pretty certain that I'll be making my project into a king.  I've seen other projects finished on the Yahoo Group Quiltville Chat and found a super sized Orca Bay that I like.  I hope to be in a position later this week to put the top together.  I still have to remove the paper from the blue string blocks as well.  Kordova Klosure is on it's home stretch!

Hope your week has in store all that you want.  See other great projects in work at Patchwork Times.  

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Oh my gosh that is a lot of little pieces, you really accomplished a lot.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Orca Bay is such a wonderful quilt pattern.

glen

Janet O. said...

Wow, Sandi, a king size Orca Bay is pretty intense. I am struggling to get my non-string version finished into a twin or full size. : )

Teresa in Music City said...

What an accomplishment - that is a time-intensive quilt but it will be a real beauty!!! Can't wait to see the finish!

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Lots of pieces...but what a sense of accomplishment you will feel when you are finished! It will be great. :)

Judy

Betty said...

Oh, so many pieces, you are really going at it. King size will be a huge reward and it will be beautiful....