Sunday Stash Report, February 5, 2012

I have continued good news to report this week.  Three tops went to Kerry's Quilting for stitching and that means more yardage to claim as used.  I was also good and stayed away again this week from any purchases.  Again my net goes higher YIPPEE!


Komplikated is a late 2011 UFO finish.  I've got several more 2011 UFOs to finish but this one is one less!  It's a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Patches and Pinwheels featured in Quiltmaker Magazine September/October 2008.  I made mine rather unintentionaly rectangle, but I'm not dissapointed.  Couldn't understand why I had some many extra blocks.  Thought I counted right, but still why the extra...oh well I said I'll use them on the back.  When I went to calculate the yardage I realized I'd calculated the number of blocks across wrong.  According to the pattern it should have been 13 blocks across by 13 blocks long.  I for some reason stopped at 11 blocks across!  Kerry got the benefit of this error as she will be making the same project...no waste between the two of us.

Kindhearted Klues is a new project for 2012.  It was the mystery at Road to California with Tracey Brookshier.  The pattern is called Candy Hearts.  Minky for the back on this one that will be gifted to my 4 years young niece, Morgan.  The thread will be green and the pattern a cute one that's frogs for the quilting.

Not sure what the yards would be calculated for this Log Cabin Quilt Square.  It really is just a bunch of scraps.  It is from Lori Smiths's pattern Quilt Squares #1.  I'll be making more of her 12" x 12" blocks with Jo's Country Junction Quilt Square Quilt Along through 2012.  A sampler is my current thinking.  February's block iw a Bear Paw Quilt Square from the same pattern.







Here's the number for this week. Hope you are on a good path to using your stash this year.
Used this week: 29.75 yards
Used YTD: 46 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 9.75 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 36.25 yards

Be sure to see how others are doing at Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love that scrappy "Komplicated". That's one I hope to make someday!

Kathie said...

LOVE that scrappy quilt, so pretty. I actually like quilters longer than the width so hey, it was a design choice not a mistake..lol

Jennifer said...

Great report - congrats on the finishes!

Teresa in Music City said...

You've done very well this week! I love Bonnie's quilts and yours is just wonderful!

Betty said...

good job, it is lovely, and glad that you got it completed. I am sure young Morgan will love her quilt.

Unknown said...

I love all of your projects. Keep up the good work. Wish I could get as much finished.

Angie in SoCal said...

Great quilts and block! Your niece is sure to love that minkee backed one. Congrats on your numbers.

Amy said...

Your numbers look great! All of your projects are so pretty. I especially like your mystery quilt.