Sunday Stash Report, July 31, 2011

Here we are concluding yet another month of 2011.  I'm working hard today this last day of July to finish up my July UFO.  Goodness where has this month gone?  Hopefully I'll get it done.  I've got the collection of fabrics to choose from easy at hand, but still need to choose just which one of the animal themes that will be used for the Flax flower for my Kourageous project.  More on this tomorrow...wish me luck!

This week I've got several completions to share with you.  Of course you know what this means...something to report as USED!  YIPPEE!  First up is Kottonwood Kurl from the Bonnie Hunter design Roll, Roll Cotton Boll.  I finally got all the way around this big girl sewing down the binding.  She's a beauty don't you agree?

Next is Koncealed from the Debbie Caffrey design Secret Window that has been brought to us by Quiltmaker Magazine as a Mystery in three parts starting with the May/June 2011 issue.  I host this Quilt Along project on Quilter's Club of America under Groups/Quiltmaker Groups.  Becoming a member of the Group is FREE and works with the three magazine issues.  The final post went live on Friday with Secret Window Part 3 - Scrappy Cutting and Sewing...The REVEAL!

The beautiful flowers are a gift to me from Quiltmaker for my efforts on the online quilt along project.  Do you think it was planned that the flowers would match the colors of Koncealed?
Korrecting Koncealed is a second Secret Window project that was my double check to make sure the words on the blog posts were accurate.  It always amazes me how different fabric selections create such different projects. 


As I mentioned I can report fabric used this week.  I'd already claimed Kottonwood Kurl, but Koncealed and Korrecting Koncealed combined added up.  A good reporting week...notice I've stopped my purchasing spree?

Used this week: 21.25 yards
Used YTD: 165.5 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 92 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 73.5 yards

Did you use stash this week?  Look how other quilters are using their stash at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Wow that was a huge usage you were able to report. Good luck getting the UFO done.

JudyCinNC said...

All of the quilts are really wonderful finishes. Good for you. I have my July finish posted early also. Judy C

Barb in Mi said...

What a great week for you! Way to go! And nothing added. Love your RRCB. The difference the fabric choice for the mystery makes is quite amazing. They both are beautiful!

Quilter Kathy said...

These are gorgeous...each one...wow! Love your RRCB...wish I was loving mine as much :(
And your mysteries are so beautiful too! I have almost finished part 2 and now I can't wait to get it together!

Quiltdolls said...

I loved all of the quilts you shared at Canyon last Monday. I was telling my daughter about Kottonwood Kurl and how you used all of the wonderful mixed lights. Do you have a close up of that quilt so I can show her the detail of mixed fabrics. And how do we get the pattern???
You really inspire me Sandy, I had a free day yesterday and I sewed all day on a basket quilt. My house is cleaned so now I am going back to the sewing room.

Patt Anderson