Design Wall Monday, July 11, 2011

Tim doing Vanna White!  I believe he's taking "ownership" of Kondor's Klutch...he is certainly in rare form today...

This is what's left to sew for the borders.  I discovered that I didn't have enough HSTs :(!  You can see the small stack of neutrals queued up and ready for more assembly line sewing.  The strips on the left are nearly three of the four borders ready for final assembly.  The top and bottom are 28 rows of three HSTs with a triangle of cheddar on either side.  The sides are 33 rows of the same.  Not counting the corner sections and left border pieces we're talking 366 HSTs in the four borders.  I'm in the final chapters of this project.

On to the next project...I need to get everything together for a workshop that I'll be taking at Quilt in a Day next Friday.  There is some prep work involved.  Cutting and sewing four patches.  This workshop involves CURVES!

I'm hoping to come home with some great batiks winning big at Bunko later tonight.  Check out other Design Walls from quilters around the globe at Patchwork Times!  Have a great week.

10 comments:

Kathie said...

Good luck on winning those batiks tonight!!!

JudyCinNC said...

This is really coming together nicely - lots of pieces. Good luck on winning those Batiks. Judy C in NC

Janet O. said...

You are a woman with focus!! Kondor's Klutch is a great quilt. I'm interested to see the finished product--and tonight's winnings!

regan said...

Kondor's Klutch is looking great! Can't wait for the big finish!

marcella said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I can't wait to see it with those borders. Hope you win some lovely batiks.

NEEDLE BENDER said...

Love your quilt. I like the set up you have in your sewing room. Everything looks very handy.

Bonnie said...

lovely quilt... But I am really impressed with how neat and clean your space is. No pictures of mine, ever, it's always a mess. Honest, even when I clean it, it is a mess. I guess I have a high tolerance for stuff hanging around!

Happy Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt--"Vanna" not bad either and very proud of the quilt. I wouldn't let you near my quilt room--it is in a constant state of disarray and your work area looks so neat and organized. I do manage to get my quilts done and then I pick up for days.

Betty said...

wow! how did you manage to get "Vanna" in the photo?????? Beautiful quilt. Now for all the
HTS to go. You will have this one done in no time. How did you do playing Bunko??

Gari in AL said...

That sure is a lot of HSTs but they/you are sure making a beautiful quilt.