Design Wall Monday, July 18, 2011

On my design wall, rather sewing cabinet... is my Pre Class Cutting and Sewing for the workshop I will be taking on Friday.  I am using cotton fabrics in colors inspired by a quilt kit I have been noticing in the Keepsake Quilting catalog for the past several issues.  Two of the four fabrics are from my stash and the other two were purchases at Amidon's (light taupe) and Memory Lane (plumb).

The workshop will be led by JoAnn Lamb at Quilt in a Day.  We will be making the pattern What Goes Around.  The challenging part of this class is learning how to sew the curves.  I am anxious to see another technique for circles.  There has to be one by someone that I will actually not mind doing.

I am also packing up my Pfaff to have it serviced tomorrow.  I have my Janome to use while its in the shop.  Paradise Sewing takes care of it very nicely and have been doing it for sometime now.  It should be gone for about a week.

So what's going on in your sewing room today?

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Should be an interesting color combo, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Janet O. said...

I'll be curious about the curve technique you learn. I have only tried Pepper Cory's template method.
Looks like it will be a pretty quilt.

Betty said...

Enjoy your class at Quilt in a Day, I know you will have a good time. good that Kerry can get away as well.

Kate said...

Very pretty precutting! I'm interested in the curve method, too. If it really only takes "a day" maybe I'll try it!

Kerry's Quilting said...

Great color choices!