Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fabrics have been selected for May's UFO #9 Lily of the Valley block for my Kourageous project.  This block is designed by Linda Causee in her book 24 Flower Quilt Blocks.  It has 17 sections with a combined total of 150 pieces.  Including the background, I will be using five fabrics for this block.  I am repeating the leaf and stem fabrics that I used previously in the Cranesbill block which is a blue green.  It appears that I have unconsciously been using brighter yellow greens for the others.  Of course I will be using an animal print for the big pieces of the flower...yes there are "big" pieces!  Here's Kourageous finished blocks so far.  Have a happy sewing week!






3 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

pretty flowers...i dunno, they look kinda hard...=)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Janet O. said...

This looks like really intense foundation piecing to me--something I have successfully avoided thus far in my decades of quilting. Good for you--the flower blocks are beautiful!

Betty said...

Love how your Lilies turned out, can't believe how using animal prints make these flowers look so great.