Design Wall Monday, May 16, 2011

Kartwheels is on my table because it's in too many pieces to take to my design wall right now.  I've got all the blue and three of the four green done.  I am still out on the centers.  Not sure if I like the rainbow colored outer melon.  I sort of had in mind a single fabric as the melon versus a scrappy one.  I put one together to get a feel for it.  I don't think there is enough for me to tell yet.  Suppose I need to make another three and then perhaps one a single fabric to make a good decision.  I've still got plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.

The four blocks of Kourageous is on my design wall waiting for the May block Lily of the Valley.  I've not yet pulled fabric, but will soon as there's just two weeks left of May!

Tonight is Canyon Quilt Guild May monthly meeting.  Martha Nordstrom is our guest speaker.  She does some incredible applique.

Get further inspiration from other great quilters today at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Looks like you had a lot of sewing time over the weekend, these are looking great.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Those colors are beautiful together. I agree about the rainbow piece. It looks like it just doesn't fit. The quilt will be gorgeous whatever you do though.

glen

Nina Marie said...

Ohhh I want to see these done - they have such an interesting beginning - you are such a tease!!

Betty said...

Looking good, as always the outcome of your quilts are so lovely.

Janet O. said...

Wow, this looks really interesting. Can't wait to see the progress. As I look back through some of your posts I do love your quilts!