Sunday Stash Report, May 15, 2011

I felt very successful after my first quilty lecture at Sunshine Quilters of San Diego in El Cajon, CA on Tuesday of this past week.  The guild took me out to a nice Italian restaurant before the meeting and treated me to a nice gift card for merchandise at Memory Lane Quilt Shop in Santee, CA.  I have a potential for a purchase, but since it's a gift no yardage to add this week.  I'm also at the start of one project and the middle of three others so nothing to claim as used.  A null week!

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 115.25 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 26.5 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 88.75 yards


I used the Quiltmaker Dances With Waves pattern to put together a tutorial on paper piecing.  It is the next post if you are interested.  Awhile back one of my followers asked for it.  I have another tutorial on the product Texture Magic that I will be posting shortly too.  I used the Texture Magic on my Kovers project that is currently in the quilting queue at Kerry's Quilting.  It's fun and easy creating a different element.  Did you hear me say it's easy?


So here's what I'm working on today...Kartwheels. I've got the first four of 12 arcs done. Four each of different dark blues, greens, and purples. You see two of the blues. Green is being sewing now.  I'm using five different backgrounds. The background fabrics are from Sew Batik and the other batiks I'll use are stash (mostly from Memory Lane).  This is a Judy Niemeyer pattern called Mariner's Star and one of my 2011 UFOs.

I've also got Kourageous, Koncealed, and Korrecting Koncealed in work.  You can see where I'm at will all three of these at the end of the month.  Kourageous is my 2011 UFO that I'm doing with Judy's 2011 UFO Challenge.  This month I'm to make a Lily of the Valley block.  The Koncealed quilts are part of the Quiltmaker 2011 Quilt-Along that I'm hosting at Quilters Club of America.

My DH came up with a great name for my Making Ends Meet quilt project, Koasting.  This one is my favorite out of a couple others...Kounting and Kompromising.  What do you think? 

See how others are doing with their stash at Judy's Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait for the texture magic post, I saw it for the first time at the sewing expo in Puyallup in March and have been dieing for some ideas!

Barb in Mi said...

Glad you had a great lecture! Looking forward to a Tex Magic tut!

Kathie said...

The purples and teals look wonderful, my two favorite colors!!! Congrats on your lecture going well.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I just dropped in to visit for the first time today...I was born and raised in So Calif...

Sounds like you had a great learning adventure...I would luv to see how "texture magic" comes to life =)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Kerry's Quilting said...

You did an excellant job speaking at Guild on Tuesday. It was fun to see all your quilts all over again. Can't wait to see the progress on your JN quilt.