Sunday Stash Report, May 22, 2011

All I want to say is "I'm still here!"  Judgement Day?  It's a good thing because I'm readying my stash for some scrappy completions...


I spent much of the week emptying the basket you can see (the empty spools are for kitty toys to be made for local animal shelters).  I put as much in my stash drawers as I could and the piles of 3" and 2 1/2" just won't fit.  I've got to get them to my "remote" stash in the garage until I start a project that can use them.  What does fit in these drawers are less than strips in various sizes, the 1 1/2" strips, leftover binding, and orphan blocks.  I love these drawers that were "recycled" from a girlfriend's son's going out of business place where he had been employed.  Now how's that for recycling...right down to what it's stored in!


The sewing I did was on Kartwheels the Judy Niemeyer Mariner's Star project.  Kartwheels is one of my 2011 UFOs.  I've got ten of the 12 arcs done; next up are the stars.  I'm still debating on what to do with the melons.  There's a ton of paper piecing to do yet before I need a decision, something is sure to develop between now and then.


Yesterday and today I'm working on Quilters Club of America's Part 2 blog post for the Quiltmaker Quilt Along Mystery Project designed by Debbie Caffrey.  There's lots to Part 2.  Photos aplenty!  It's date for posting is May 30.


Kamel Kountry is waiting for it's binding.  This quilt sure came out spectacular.  I've already sent in my entries for the 30th Annual San Diego Quilt Show that's September 8-10.  Perhaps I'll have to consider this for next year.


I don't have any finishes to report that used up stash this week.  Neither do I have anything to report purchased.  Another "zero" week...but that's positive too!

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 115.25 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 26.5 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 88.75 yards

4 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds like a very productive week, even if you didn't use any stash you can count. The quilt in the photo looks lovely. I hope we get a full view of it once the binding is on.

Betty said...

Everything is so neat, I wonder who you got that talent from? lol It seem's the faster and more you work, you still have so much fabric to use up. Good Job.

Kathie said...

Beautiful quilt Sandi.

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, yes lots of projects! And soon there will be finishes and reported usage!