Sunday Stash Report, May 29, 2011


This week has found me at two quilt shops...Amidon Quiltworks in Poway and Cozy Quilt Shop in El Cajon.  Gosh it's hard to be good....

The largest purchase is 6 yards for a background for my next Quiltmaker pattern by former QM editor Caroline Reardon.  The pattern is called Perennial Petals in the March/April 11 issue.  I thought I'd make this a scrappy background, but looking at the pattern more in depth having it scrappy might not have the best results.  It's those large setting triangles that mess up the scrappy idea.  I used a Cozy 20% discount for it.  Certainly a beautiful Batik don't you think?

While at Cozy I also purchased two 1/4 yard pieces and the kit for June's BOM for Sharyn Craig's Building Blocks.  I've decided to find a gray background, didn't find one that "thrilled me" today; I'll keep looking for it.  I've counted the kit fabric too :(!

My last two purchases of a yard a piece came from Amidon Quiltworks.  I've been building my stash of the most luscious cheddar fabrics that Bonnie Hunter uses a bunch.  As it happened this day of searching for a brown fabric for the binding of my Kamel Kountry (aka Bonnie Hunter's Old Tobacco Road) the cheddar happened to be the "bolt of the day" a great deal at 30% off.  Well goodness I couldn't resist that!  Now I've got the cheddar fabric yardage I need to make Bonnie's Hawk's Nest from her third book Scraps and Shirttails II.  I've got nearly all the HSTs done from previous projects...704 2" unfinished puppies!  Oh and yes I did find the brown fabric for the binding...

All of these purchases have a planned use, the brown fabric is already attached to Kamel Kountry.  The background and cheddar will be used in a couple of weeks as they'll both be my Lakeside Retreat projects.

Building Blocks is a bit on hold still waiting the yet to be found gray I want for the background.  Yes 2 plus 2 means another purchase not too far away from reporting...

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 115.25 yards
Purchased this week: 8.75 yards
Purchased YTD: 35.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 80 yards

Check out more great ways we've used our stash at patchworktimes.com

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I'm a Sharyn Craig fan, and a Bonnie Hunter fan. Caroline Reardon is a new name to me, but I love her pattern. Great projects to look forward to!

Kathie said...

Hey at least you got your necessary purchases at a discount, that is always good. Look forward to seeing your new projects.

JudyCinNC said...

I did feel there was 'some' restraint on your part - so you did a great job. Looking forward to seeing the finishes. JudyC

Marti said...

You've used so much more than you've added that you deserve to add some, right?

Anonymous said...

Great job busting fabric this year! I like the Poway shop too, but Rosie's is my favorite shop in the San diego area.

Jennifer said...

Love that batik and the cheddar. I am impressed that you already have the hst's done!