Design Wall Monday, May 9, 2011

Well I've gotten through several milestones that needed to be done so it's time to spend time on my next 2011 UFO project!  It will go a bit slow because I'm still not through all of them, but....Judy Niemeyer's design Mariner's Star is next.  My project will be called Kartwheels.  This is a paper pieced pattern and all in batiks.  These are my most favorite of the techniques and fabrics to work with.  All the background fabrics and the back are by Sew Batik.  Sew Batik has the best selection around that I've found for wide batiks.

So what do you have going on right now?  Visit other quiltmakers' design walls at Patchwork Times.

 

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looking forward to watching your progress. Love your color choices...

Kerry's Quilting said...

Outstanding! I am so glad you have decided to jump in and start one of the Judy Niemeyer projects! Can't wait to see your progress and the colors look great

Marj said...

That is a pattern that I would like to make. Can hardly wait for the pictures of your progress. love the colors that you chose.

Chris said...

I can't wait to see your blocks. The pattern and fabrics are beautiful.

Betty said...

Very nice, love Batiks. Will be looking forward to seeing more photos. I am sure it won't take you long.

Debbie said...

I too am looking forward to your paper piecing quilt. I used a Sew Batik wide back a few months ago..loved it and will definitely use them again!

Nina Marie said...

Ohhh that's a quilt that's on my to-do list one of these days too! Can't wait to see how it goes - love the colors you are looking at!