Sunday Stash Report, January 23, 2011

Posting late this week since I was attending Road to California Quilt Show over the weekend.  I drove up on Saturday morning with Kerry to arrive when the doors opened at 9:30am.  We spent the next several hours admiring all the beautiful quilts and shopping the terrific vendor mall.  I didn't do too much damage to my wallet, but alas I do have some yardage to add this week.  I came home with fabric for my Kourageous project, cheddar fabric to enhance my stash, a bag of batik neutral scraps, the Ichabod Hollow quilt pattern, a spool of neutral thread, a KAI pair of scissors, and a package of Texture Magic.

First let me say that I'm mosted excited about my KAI scissors purchase.  These are 6" scissors from the Patchwork Scissors collection.  What makes them really nice is the Micro Serration on the blades. They honestly "hug or hold" your fabric when you use them.  I have a pair of KAI 5" scissors that I use all the time next to my machine that I just love so I was pretty sure I'd be completely happy with this pair.  The Ichabod Hollow kits were sold out when I first found it; not that I would have purchased a kit anyway but this provides you an idea of how popular it was.  The Sew Batik scrap bag is something I had not seen before at one of my most favorite vendors.  Sew Batik packages 2 yards of scraps with nothing in the package less than a 2" wide WOF strip.  I couldn't pass up the neutral package at $9 for the bag.  I wasn't disappointed when I opened the package and do plan on another purchase sometime in the future when the scraps will be different neutrals.


So let's move on to my first workshop, Lakeside Mystery II by Cathy Farris.  Me in action!  The Texture Magic by Superior Threads that I purchased will be for this project.  This product is neat as it magically texturizes your fabric using only your steam iron.  I'll be talking more about it as my project is being worked on.  It was a fun class that was from 6pm to midnight on Saturday night.

We woke up early to attend the second workshop Star Struck with Bonnie Hunter.  Me again in action!  A special thanks to one of my classmates.  She was making her Star Struck with animal prints....remember my Kourageous project?  She gave me the scraps on the far right pictured in the fabric photo.  I'm certain to use these in one of the many blocks.  Komet as my Star Struck will be called is third in queue on my sewing table after my January UFO finish (Kourageous Lily block) and Roll Roll, Cotton Boll (Kottonwood Kurl) is completely assembled.



It just happened to be Bonnie's birthday so Kerry and I arranged for a cake.  It was a yummy white cake with fresh strawberries as the filling that everyone enjoyed.

It was fun meeting some of my blog followers and fellow Quiltville Chat friends.  The day ended around 5pm with new projects, experiences, and friends.  What a great weekend!

So here's the damage:

Used this week: 0 yards

Used YTD: 26 yards
Purchased this week: 3.25 yards
Purchased YTD: 6.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 19.75yards

Check out more Stash Reports at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Anita said...

I'm interested to see what this Texture Magic stuff does. I've never heard of it before...but there's a lot of stuff I've never heard of before so that's not saying a lot. :)

Betty said...

Sounds like you had a super, great time. I am sure the birthday cake that you and Kerry gave Bonnie was a big suprise. Made her feel right at home. The thread sounds really interesting. Keep us posted how it comes out in your project.

Marj said...

Sounds like you had a very fun trip. I have not seen the KAI scissors yet, but will put them on my list to check out, as I am going to the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati this April.

JudyCinNC said...

According to Bonnie's blog, the cake was a tremendous hit. Sounds like you had a fantastic time.

Beth said...

Bonnie was excited to getthat cake! Sounds like it was great fun at the show. I recently heard about those Kai scissors. I'll have to keep my eye out for them.
Look forward to hearing about your experience with texture magic. I have seen it but never used it.

JudyCinNC said...

Clover also has the serrated edge scissors now, and the ones with the big hole handles are great. www.shadetreequilting.com