Design Wall Monday, January 10, 2011

A brand new week ahead!  I have guests coming tonight to watch the college bowl game with Oregon.  DH plans to pick up Mexican at a local fast food restaurant for dinner; works for me!  This means that there probably won't be any sewing or if any very little.  Not the best time for this gathering since I'm so far behind where I'd like to be in my sewing projects.  I am looking forward to our gathering nonetheless.


I did make lots of progress on a few of my "must dos" yesterday.  I went to Rosie's; selecting fabric for my Lakeside Mystery II project.  The workshop is with Cathy Farris on Saturday, 1/22 at Road to California Quilters Conference and Showcase in Ontario, CA.  It starts a 6pm and goes until midnight with the instructor.  It is lots of fun staying up late and sewing with a bunch of quilters!  Here are my fabric choices.  Five fabrics are called for; a Light, Light Medium, Medium, Dark Medium, and Dark.  I didn't show much of the Dark but it has some of the Medium color throughout.  As you do with mysteries; I've got my fingers crossed that my selections are sound.  Two come from my stash one from a gift certificate, and the other two purchased.
Another forward movement in my "must dos" is the selection from my stash of fabrics for the Star-Struck project that I will attend with Bonnie Hunter on Sunday, 1/23 also at Road to California.  I'm auditioning the middle fabrics.  I only need one accent fabric.  I sort of like the hot pink, but it might be to far outside the "box".  One of the oranges might be a better choice.  I'll be thinking about this one before I move forward to the cutting.  Which one do you like?  And what do you think of Komet for it's name?

The last project to move along is Kotton (aka Roll Roll, Cotton Boll by Bonnie Hunter).  I've got only 15 more Block 2s to assemble and then it's to the ironing board I go.  Here are the first 15 on my design wall today.
I'll be staying up late enough to get my Sunshine Block of the Month done for Tuesday's guild meeting.

So what's on your design wall?  Check out others via Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

Charlene S said...

I think that the pink will be just fantastic. Bonnie loves reds and pinks so most of her quilts are geared towards those colors.

Kathie said...

I took the star struck workshop with Bonnie maybe three? years ago or so. It was great fun. I used Christmas reds and greens with gold accents for my quilt and loved how it turned out. Wish I had kept that one.

Jo said...

Love your RRCB. Mine is about as far along as yours.

Chris said...

I love mysteries but am always afraid my fabrics won't look right. So far they always do :) I love the gold in your choices.

Betty said...

I think the hot pink will be bright and will look great, give it a try. After all it is a mystery......

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your RRCB blocks are great. Good variety of fabrics. I too like the hot pink.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a very exciting post for me to read...all of my favorite things. I love mysteries and feel jealous of your fun mystery evening...can't wait to see what you are sewing!
For the Bonnie class, can you only pick 1 fabric?!? I like them all! But if forced to pick only one, I would definately pick the pink!
Your RRCB blocks are wonderful!

Tina Rathbone said...

Another vote for the hot pink, Sandi! But you knew that would come, from me, who never met a bright color she didn't like!
Hugs,
Tina
PS: thanks for all your inspiration and motivation in the past year. You probably don't know it, but you, Sue and Kerry really re-movatived me about quilting! Loved that retreat.
Hugs again!

Melinda said...

I agree with the other comments - go for the pink!

Cathy said...

Definitely the pink.