Sunday Stash Report, August 4, 2024

 

I joined the girls at Rosie's sewing on Friday since Pat was not attending.  So I was prepared to sew the 2024 Liberty Box projects.  I have been working to cut out a couple of projects to have ready for the unexpected opportunities to sew away from my sewing room.  Since I had cut out the main project, Sparkers, this cute tiny project was to be made with the scraps.  I found online where I could purchase two more of the star hanging bar so I made three.  I will be giving two of them as gifts.


The main project, Sparklers by Fat Quarter Shop 2024 Liberty Box, starts with a panel then adds strips an inner border, a pieced border then an outside border to match the inner border.  Of course adding an outside border makes this project larger.  I liked the look after the pieced border so this is where I stopped.  The tiny red flower in the outside border will be the binding.

Saturday brought me a package from Kerry.  Konfidence and two Sunshine charity quilts arrived.  I hope to donate Konfidence as it was intended to a synagogue in the area.  It was started in October 2023 to support the Israel invasion by Hamas.  I am hopeful that it might be raffled to gain monetary support for those who still struggle.  A darker blue will be used for its binding.  A rust and more blue will be used for the two charity quilts.




I had to find more fabric to continue Kanopy.  Etsy to my rescue =^.^=  The fabrics from various sellers started arriving Wednesday.  Sometimes the sellers include little gifts too.  The more red in the last photo is too light and will find its way to stash for another project.


I had a seller's coupon so this cute blue print along with a seller's treat came to my door too.  At the end of the week I can claim some used and some purchased.  Not a bad week...I used more than I purchased =^.^=

Used this week: 8.75 yards 
Used YTD: 158.5 yards 
Purchased this week: 4 yards
Purchased YTD: 77.5 yards
Net used in 2024: 81 yards


1 comment:

Betty said...

Very interesting I like the results of Sparkles