Sunday Stash Report, August 11, 2024

 

This past week I was learning all about the Accuquilt cutter.  The strip dye to say precisely.  I have the 2 1/2 inch one at this time, but plan to get the 2 1/4 inch soon.  Most of my bindings are started with a 2 1/4 inch strip at this time.  When I think back to my first bindings they were a whooping 3 inches.  I still have some of those quilts and wow do they look exceptionally large =^.^=.  I got the knack and some hints from Kerry about the ends of the strips not always getting a complete cut.  It's all on placement of the fabric so that the blades touch it all.  I'll practice with the next bindings.

More of the Wine and Whiskers fabric arrived.  These as you can see are the bottles.  I think there are two more to arrive this week ahead.  All that will be left is the background.  The pattern calls for a cream, but I may go for a very pale gray.  There will be some auditioning to come for Twist and Treat.

I met up with Kerry at Rosie's on Friday where these fabrics came from.  The top two are flannel FQs.  Rosie had a FQ sale that day where I found these two for the Cats in Pajamas pattern that is in my future to make.  I plan for all the cats to have flannel pajamas...how silly, but why not?  The blue is for the binding of Konfidence and the white is a stash builder.

Finished Kanopy, Sparklers, and Sparkle Star during the week.  A good week!  Progress on Spooky and Sweet is tomorrow's post.  Enjoy your week.

Used this week: 24.75 yards 
Used YTD: 183.25 yards 
Purchased this week: 5 yards
Purchased YTD: 82.5 yards
Net used in 2024: 100.75 yards

No comments: