Wednesday Workings, August 7, 2024


Getting around to this mystery by Fat Quarter Shop called Spooky and Sweet.



As you can see not far presently.  These three units start Week 1.


Weeks 2 and 3 are cut.  Ready when I am done with Week 1.  Don't you love the top fabric?  All the fabrics of this mystery are solids which intrigued me.  This is only the second project I can recall that uses only solids.  It is of course Halloween so what is not to like I ask you!


I have also ordered the novelty fabrics needed for this cute design.  It is in the current Fall issue of McCall's Quilting called Twist and Treat.  I have found that usually the fabrics are nearly impossible to locate when the magazines come out.  The Whiskers and Wine line by Northcott was just too cute not to try to find it.  Through ebay and Etsy sellers I located enough of three fabrics.  I will be replacing the white cats in the top with what you see in the black squares and placing the white zig zaggy blocks with what you see in the black squares.  I found the border and believe this is the most important part of the look.  The pattern uses a simple nine patch with a twist and turn trimming.  The challenge if there were one to be considered is the mitered outer border.  It will make a lap size quilt at 45 by 54.  



The first two fabrics have arrived and the third should be here by Saturday.  So much fun!


Also ordered more of Carol Doak's Foundation Paper.  It is hard to locate a local shop that carries this paper.  I have been getting it via Amazon for sometime now.



Did you think I had stopped cross stitching?  Think again =^.^=  The school bus is complete and the police car started.  I think that makes five more to stitch in this project called Transportation.


Last, but certainly not any less exciting is this new machine.  It is on a permanent loan from Vikki.  She had a few dyes that I plan to add to the collection.  I have to learn how to use it first.  Will start with some simple 2 1/2 inch strips for binding two Sunshine cuddle quilts for charities.

So what is happening this hump day for you =^.^=

 

No comments: