Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Checkered Past
Did you have a chance today to see the UFO Parade of Finishes on Aunt Marti's 52Quilts.com?  If you haven't it is a must see.  I have three quilts in the Parade, two Bonnie Hunter and one Judy Niemeyer. Kabuki which is the third one you will see is my finish for March.  


Kabuki
You must be wondering by now why I have included the photo at the top of my post.  It is project #9 that Aunt Marti has chosen for the April UFO.  I don't have a start on any of this other than having the pattern in hand and my skinny stash of reproduction fabrics.  Of course there might be a chance to raid Kerry's reproduction stash =^.^=

So for now here is what I can tell you about my project that will be called Kurosity.  It is a pattern by Barbara Brackman called Checkered Past.  My friend Debra alerted me to this design which I downloaded FREE from the web.  More on my project during the month... for now I'm thinking of using the leftovers from Konqueror a project that I finished last year about this time.  The purples weren't as apparent in Konqueror, but I'm sure Kurosity will give them the attention they deserve.

Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I don't often see you dabble in repro fabrics. It will be interesting to see what you come up with here. I really like the pattern.

Joy D. said...

At the rate you've been going, I thought you would be finished with #9 by now! :) I look forward to seeing what you with come up with for it. Kabuki is great, and I really like the new one under construction, Kwill maybe? And Kongrats on leading Aunt Marti's parade. I haven't managed to get mine finished yet, but I took inspiration from you and I am working on my Judy Neimeyer. Keep up the great work!

Betty said...

Your quilts are so awesome. I think the sewing machine is attached to you. You certainly produce some great quilts and do them so fast.

Betty said...

I went to Aunt Marti's blog of parade of 52 quilts. If you have never been to her site it is well worth viewing it. Great Job Sandra (Sandi)