Sunday Stash Report, April 12, 2015



Kamikaze Fabrics
2015 UFO
 A trip to Rosie's on Friday had me bringing home two pieces for Kamikaze.  The fabrics will be used for the 4-patches that run across the quilt in two directions.  Each red will have a neutral, likewise with the orange.  This project is Bonnie Hunter's Midnight Flight design.  It happens to be on my 2015 UFO list; a number to be called yet.  I figure as big and involved as it is I best get further along.  If you find this project familiar it's because I coordinated a unit swap of the blue/neutral and purple/neutral blade units that are for it.  During the week I pulled scraps and readied the neutral 1 1/2" strips that will be used in the 4-patches.  The last unit to complete the center are HSTs of black/neutral.  As always there are a gazillion units...=^.^-=  I'll share more on this project soon.

These five 1/2 yard pieces came from Sew Batik.  Always need neutrals and what better fabric than a batik?


Kurosity
April 2015 UFO
I do have a couple of completions to account for (which helps offset the purchases).  Kurosity is done and so is Kwill.  I added them to my quilting queue at Kerry's Quilting yesterday.  I have a feathery pattern for Kurosity in a variegated black/purple thread.  The back for it is a small scale gray print.  Batik is going to get a feathery pattern as well.  It will be a custom quilting project using several quilting elements that are similar for the blocks, setting triangles, corners and the two borders.  I ran with the suggestion for a tan thread.  The tan will match the color of the setting triangles.
Kwill
So for this week, a good one I might add, I have changes to both the stats.  Hope you were able to both too!

Used this week: 25 yards
Used YTD: 116 yards
Purchased this week:  6.25 yards
Purchased YTD: 49.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  66.25 yards

See how others are using their stash through the links at patchworktimes.com.

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Great usage! ( just had to buy 6 yards, but they will go into a quilt directly!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Kurosity! Purple is my favorite color so the color way is just my style! :) Melanie

Kalicocreations said...

Awesome job, they are both beautiful. I can see the pretty batiks in the center of the stars in Kwill now. Looking forward to seeing Kamikaze
Terry

Jennifer said...

Another great week! Love those finishes and the light batiks.