Design Wall Monday, April 27, 2015

 Nothing to share on my wall today.  Sunday I worked with DH to repair window screens, along with the routine weekly laundry.  We tried a new veggie dish made with raw shredded beets, avocado, scallions, radishes, nori, and roasted pumpkin seeds.  Good, but not great...always willing to try something at least once.  We try to have at least a couple of veggie meals a week.

I did manage to put the binding and sleeve down on Kooter Klan pictured above.  This is such a cute project by Karen Brow of Java House Quilts.  Just below is Krazy Kookoos 2.  The birds are what's left of the main project that hasn't yet been quilted.  I will be hand sewing down the larger of the rick rack that is the stems of the flowers.  The yellow is about half done.  Then I'm thinking a matching blue for the binding.  What do you think about that?
Krazy Koons 2 is ready for binding and sleeve to go down too.  This block is an extra left from Krazy Koons the main project (shown below) and the flower was made for it especially.  
For Krazy Koons I'm considering the fabric on the right for the binding.  It has so many colors in the top that I believe about anything would go well.  Black is also a possibility.  I will need to look at this a few times to decide which suits it best.  The three "Krazy" quits are all Buggy Barn designs, Bird Brain and Crazy as a Bird Dog.
Finally I finished up my Klue project for Sunshine Quilt Guild's Clue Mystery.  It isn't due until the June meeting, but I was very inspired to finish it.  Of course I can't share it until after the competition!  As you can see I have my share of hand sewing to keep most of my lunchtimes and evenings full.  See other projects today through the links at Patchwork Times.  Hope your week is full of fun things.  

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

You have been so busy, and every one is a stunner. Carry on with what we cannot see till it's done!!!

Betty said...

Yes, you do have some hand stitching to do. In your favorite chair??? Can't wait to see the out come of your challenge. Nice week end with DH

Joy D. said...

I love Krazy Klan, and the blue would be beautiful on Krazy Kookoos 2. Seems like quite a bit of hand stitching, but I'm sure it will all be done in no time! Have a fantastic week, and thanks for sharing with us!!!

Janet O. said...

Kooter Klan is beautiful--to me it feels very serene, like the videos divers share of the sea life they encounter.
The other two projects are so cute. You have used up your leftover blocks in very clever, appealing ways!