Design Wall Saturday, November 14, 2020


I wanted to wait until after Tuesday before I started on a new project.  Tuesday was Sunshine's November Meeting where the next project to work would be drawn for the Challenge.  #4 was drawn and for me that was to put a quilt together with the yellow and blue squares that were sewn together in pairs.  There were a lot to work with.  I only had two pairs left!  These were blocks Mom relinquished to me awhile back.  This will become a charity quilt.

This is what is on my design wall today. While pulling out the bag of yellow and blue orphans another bag of two shades of blue came out too.  As long as I was working with orphans might as well get another Mom relinquished project completed.  The 6" finished scrappy nine patch units will go on all four sides.  Another charity quilt project.

Last to share is the sample for the Sunshine BOM that I'm coordinating this month.  I was so focused on having my "act" together for the Challenge that I totally forgot to make the sample to share with membership during the Zoom meeting.  This is one of Bonnie Hunter's FREE patterns called Emery's Stars. These are the colors she suggests and I like how the pinks and purples work together.

1 comment:

Betty said...

WTG, you have sure been busy. I am glad that you are using all those blocks given to you. I really like the new Sunshine BOM.