Design Wall Monday, November 30, 2020


It has been all Rainbow Radiance this week.  I have been putting together this last UFO for 2020.  I really struggled with the fabrics for this project.  I really liked the basic color wheel fabrics from the designers sample, but wanted something more that I would use in my home.  Mom suggested batiks...taking a look at what was available in my stash...my project was created.  My first obstacle and still one is having enough of the neutral to get me through.  I pulled every neutral that could work and came up with enough for the blocks.


The next obstacle is figuring out what to do with the two borders.  I have enough for the inner border, but will there be enough for the outer border beyond the 2 1/2" square border that happens after the inner border?  My next cut into the yardage of the inner border fabric you see already will be tricky.  Need to preserve enough to go the 5 1/2" outer border.  Wish me luck!

p.s. the colors of the first photo are more like what the fabrics are.  Funny how they came out so different=^.^=


1 comment:

Betty said...

Batiks really made up this quilt. Very nice, and it will go very well in your little knook