Sunday Stash Report, November 29, 2020

Rainbow Radiance is finished!  This is my last 2020 UFO.  Oh what a wonderful feeling...  It took a bunch of thinking as the stash was a bit thin on batik neutrals.  The final border was the tough part, LOL.  It was to be 5 1/2" wide.  No way to get this out of what I had left to use from the inner neutral border.  So I improvised of course =^.^=  I came up with the 5 1/2" by two borders one of a neutral used in the top and the rest of the measurement with the inner border fabric plus about 7" on both sides of just the top and bottom of the sashing of another neutral used in the top.  I also added in one new fabric and a six more already used fabrics for the second border because the stash was not enough of the rustic orange.  Needless to say...I am happy with the results.  The purple print batik is the backing.  This fabric is left from the first ever mystery published in Quiltmaker Magazine called Secret Garden that I hosted each month for four months.  Finally another last word on the design's use of the Omnigrip On-Point Ruler...not a fan!  Packaged up and ready to head to Kerry's Quilting on Monday.

During the week I also finished making Candy Cat blocks.  This one uses the background fabric from a birthday present sent by my Sister-in-Law Rita.  I can't show you the other two as they will become a Christmas gift.  These go into the mail Monday.

I did not take a photo, but made two more blocks for the 2021-2022 Sunshine Opportunity Quilt.  These go into the mail Monday as well.


I pulled fabrics for Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek Winter 2020 Mystery.  Part 1 was released on Black Friday.  Started out with gold and gray fabrics.  There will be more on this project on Design Wall Monday post.

Thrilled to have some binding to do.  One of these is my UFO #4 project with Sunshine Quilt Guild.  It needs to be completely finished before Monday next week.  I will have the binding sewn down and ready for hand stitching later today.

So for now I have a big USED this week with Rainbow Radiance.  Hope your Sunday is terrific!

Used this week:  10 yards
Used YTD:  152.5 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  23.75 yards
Net used in 2020: 128.75 yard 

 

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Rainbow Radiance (have a K name yet?) is a very eye-catching quilt! Really nice job--even on your improvised borders.
That is a very fun cat. Love the stripes. :)