Sunday Stash Report, August 3, 2014


This is indeed a bit over the top!  Makes me laugh out loud...how about you?




I had a good week with a finish and no purchases to boot.  I finished off my July UFO, Kurly Kats, just in time, actually had a day to spare.  I took time to prepare the binding for it with leftover border fabric.  It will be a diagonal direction when it goes on the quilt.  I also assembled the remaining snail's trail blocks that will become part of the sleeve.  Kerry has it for quilting now.  I decided on a quilting pattern that has dragonflies and hearts using black and white variegated thread.



I'm just getting going on my August UFO.  This one will be called Kings.  It is a Bonnie Hunter design called Playing with Jacks.  It is FREE on her quiltville.com website.  I pulled all my bonus triangles that I could find blacks and neutral.  Sorted them out into sets of six identical blacks.  Next I took out my red strips that could produce three identical reds.  Bonnie's directions call for 2 1/2" unfinished sizes, but mine will be 2".  Trying to work with sizes I have already.  Not much to show this morning, but the day has just begun!

Here's my stash stats for this first week of August.

Used this week:  13.25 yards
Used YTD:  151.25 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  114 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2014:  37.25 yards



My DH surprised me today with a new orchid.  This is a different type than the others I have already.  What is exciting to me is that the blooms look like pansies.  Pansies have always been my favorite flower.  One of my most cherished quilts is an applique pansy design that my Grandma made for me when I was 19.  Going to have to get me another orchid pot...

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, where did you find that first photo? That is a hoot!
Your progress is breath-taking, as always!
Kings looks like it will be a beautiful quilt. I love the combo of black/red/tan (or cream). In fact, I just ordered a bunch of fabrics in those colors. : )

Anonymous said...

I agree - I laughed out loud when I saw the first photo! Definitely over the top but hilarious at first glance! :) ~Melanie

Betty said...

How would you like to wake up to that each morning? wow, way too loud.
The orchid is beautiful, way to go Tim. That was a great surprise.
I like the colors for the Kings quilts.

Unknown said...

If we ever have an Apocalypse, my family will be dressed like your first picture. (That is my pre-determined job.) Thank you for sharing your picture of the Kings quilt. I went to look at the Quiltville freebies again. More projects in my head! Have a great day!

Scooquilt said...

Congrats on finishing your July ufo and getting right tok work on August. Have a great week.