Design Wall Monday, August 11, 2014

Kranberries
84" x 97"
I've finished entirely Kranberries.  Think it came out really nice.  The quilt was so big I had to take out my quilt rack to get a complete picture.  Fun project that used units from a block swap that I coordinated recently.  There were about 18 of us that swapped Red Strings and the Nine-Patches.  If you look close enough you'll notice both units.  Someone used a pink square in one of their Nine-Patches.  I had to include it just for something to talk about!
Bird Brain Fabrics (yet to find a "K" name)
Saturday I will be taking a workshop with Julanne Bergstrom to make the Bird Brain design from Buggy Barn.  Those who follow my blog know how much I have come to like Buggy Barn designs.  I have one more blue and one more yellow to find yet.  Notice I'm in need of names for this and the next two projects =^.^=!
Midnight Flight (yet to find a "K" name)
Bonnie Hunter designs really keep me involved and use up lots of my stash.  Midnight Flight comes from her latest book More Adventures with Leaders and Enders.  This is the swap I am just starting with about 16 others.  The swap is to make the Star Blade Units.  Just love the variety that comes with swaps.
Zuckerwatte (yet to find a "K" name)
Zuckerwatte will allow me a first time ever scalloped border.  I once did applied and did the binding for someone on their scalloped border, but never did one of my own.  I will be using units from another swap I coordinated that was neutral string blocks.  I am getting ready to visit my parents and this will be one of the projects I take with me to work on.  I have pink string blocks to make, 40 of them that will be 5".  Mom has been setting aside her extra pinks.
Krackerjack
I am busy working on Krackerjack this week.  I have hand sewing to do.  This quilt is AWESOME!  I had a time auditioning possibilities for the binding.  I looked at six different fabrics and finally settled on this one.  Black and whites always play well with one another.

There are many more projects to look at today through the links at Patchwork Times.  Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Some quilt naming suggestions...or at least a jumping off point...
Midnight Flight = Kondor Krossing
Zukerwatte = Kotton Kandy
Crazy Birds = KooKooberra (sp?)

Betty said...

Kranberies is beautiful. I love, love the border. And then there is Krackerjack, WOW just lovely. I really like scalloped borders, I can only imagine that it is a lot of detail work for that one. Think it will slow you down???? LOL Good names from Heather.

Janet O. said...

Kranberries is gorgeous! And Krackerjack is delightful!
More great projects in the works--you never cease to amaze me!!

Aunt Marti said...

Wow, Sandi, you make me feel like a slacker! Love your quilted-and-bound Kranberries.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love your Kranberries!
Looks like you have celestial prints for your Midnight Flight - how about Kosmos for a K name?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your Kranberries is wonderful!!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a terrific finish! Amazing!

swooze said...

Kookoo birds or kookaburra as suggested above.

Kamikaze for midnight flight.

Teresa in Music City said...

Talkin Turkey is one that I am making with a couple of friends, but it's been a long time since we worked on it. I just love it and need to remember to dig it out and begin again. Love your Krackerjack - WOW!!!!!!

Linda H said...

Oh boy, the kranberries is awesome.