Design Wall Monday, June 13, 2011

This is Bonnie Hunter's Hawk's Nest design from her book Scraps and Shirttails II.

I've been collecting cheddar fabrics for the last year for one of her designs and from this third book that is made to use up your bonus square triangles...I got going.  This was my main retreat project for this past weekend.  I had lots of bonus HSTs to keep me busy.  This project that I'm going to call Kondor's Klutch is going to look great!



These are my parts yet to be assembled.  You can see that I've got lots of bonus HSTs yet to work with before I need to make more...using my Tri-Recs rulers or perhaps 2" triangles on a roll papers.  Not sure if the "roll" will work well for the strips I'm planning on using.  I know the Tri-Recs rulers will work!
My design wall is no where near large enough to display this project.  I'll be going to the floor as this project grows.
I need to get busy on this project.  My June UFO with Patchwork Times.  I have yet to select my fabrics.
I have way too many projects started right now...that's why no completions are being reported on Sundays :(.  Soon.....

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Kondor Klutch (aka Hawk's Nest) is looking good. I love that pattern. I am also anxiously awaiting the completion of your June UFO. All of those blocks have turned out beautifully--and this one is so detailed!

Kate said...

Great projects.