Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Here is what I've got going on in my sewing room!

First up is the cute Sea Horses pattern from Quiltmaker All-Time Favorites Spring 02 issue.  This project is being done for my niece Leah's first child, a little girl I'm told.  There is a baby shower on May 7th in Virginia that I won't be able to attend, but this gift will be there!  I pulled all the fabrics from my stash last night.  The blue and teal fabrics on the left are for the body of the fish, the next five prints starting with the multi color are for the fish tails.  All scrappy just as I like it.  The top right fabric is the background.  The blue and raspberry print fabrics are for the sea horses.  I'm nervous about having enough of the blue.  It will take some fancy cutting to make it work.  Last two fabrics are for the inner border (raspberry) and outer border.  It should turn out so cute.  I'm going to see how it looks before I decide on a binding fabric.  I've got my sights set on a Friday night completion.

Next up is my 4th 2011 UFO with Patchwork Times.  I'll be making a Meadow Clary with these fabrics.  The top 3 are what's been made so far.  The light animal print will be where you see red in the pattern.  The other 2 gold prints will be for the purples; the light purple being the small gold print.  The 4 greens for the stem and leaves.  A Claudia Hasenbach design from her Series "Big Quilt of Nature - Wildflowers".  I hope to start and finish on Sunday.



Hope you are having fun this week in your sewing room.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Nice fabrics, the quilt will be a lovely one. I don't know how you can get so much done in such a short time? You amaze me!

JudyCinNC said...

This is going to be so pretty. I love the happy greens you are using with the animal fabric. Judy C

marie said...

I love your flowers!