Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today is the day!  The Quiltmaker Quilt-Along Mystery 2011 starts today.  I will be hosting the Quilt-Along for Quiltmaker.  Part 1 will be split into two parts.  Part 1 - Introduction will be available on Quilters Club of America (QCA) today and Part 1 - Scrappy Cutting and Sewing will be available on Monday, April 11th at midnight PST. 
On the QCA site I'll be showing a scrappy version using mostly Hoffman batiks.  I'm also making a scrappy red, white and black version that I'll be showing on my blog.

If you are feeling like a fun mystery project pick up the Quiltmaker May/June Issue #139 and quilt-along.  Hey, when you get the magazine fill out one of the subscription cards and send it in (or go to Quiltmaker to subscribe online) because you'll need the next two issues to complete the mystery project that will be released in three parts.  You won't be disappointed in a subscription with Quiltmaker.  I've been subscribing since 1999 and have made numerous quilts from their patterns.  I have my collection of magazines and refer to them constantly.  Whether you decide on the subscription or not you will need the July/August Issue #140 and September/October Issue #141 to complete this mystery.  The subscription will get the magazine in your hands usually a week or more sooner than newsstands--and at a better deal too!

Come join in on the fun at QCA.  You'll have to join the Quiltmaker Quilt-Along Group.  It is absoultely FREE.

3 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

Found your blog from the Quiltmaker post about the newest Quilt Along Mystery. How I've not learned about you before now is a mystery - b/c I see from your sidebar we have all the same favorites! Bonnie Hunter and JudyL! ;)

Can't wait to see what I have in my stash to pull for this one, and to check back later on you to see how your homework is coming along. :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Sandi good luck with the quilt along! I just checked out the quilty pleasures blog and recognized your blog from design wall monday posts. How fun! You may have convinced me to do another mystery;)

SubeeSews said...

The subscription will get the magazine in your hands usually a week or more sooner than newsstands.

Not for me here in the rural fields of Indiana. I get the magazine 2 weeks after the newstands. I almost went out and bought one when I was full of frustration.

I will do the mystery along with all you gals!
XOXOX Subee