Design Wall Monday, April 11, 2011

I have so much going on right now it's getting difficult to figure out what's next.  I've been working on deadlines first certainly.  Last week I was getting ready for my Part 1 - Scrappy Cutting and Sewing blog post for Quiltmaker's 2011 Mystery Quilt-Along that is being hosted on Quilters Club of America.  This post is available today.  Check out the action there and sign up FREE if you want to quilt-along.  I'd love to have you join the group where I'm the host!  Hoffman Batiks are my fabric line with the Quilt-Along. I'm also making a second project using red, white, and black fabrics that I'll show the end results of each part here on my blog.  Here's how Part 1 ends.


The next project I needed to get done is the BOM for my quilt guild Sunshine Quilters April meeting that is tomorrow.  This is called Flower Patch.  The flower block will be used for the middle and the snowball green block will be for the winner to use in the border.



Here is Kandy Korn all finished.  This is a Judy Laquidara design called Peaches and Dreams.  Some of you may have helped me with this quilt's name.  Originally I'd thought to call it Kreamed Korn, but Kandy Korn definitely sounds more appropriate.

Kandy Korn
Next up is a quilt that I've yet to name.  I'm trying to have the top done by next Monday because it's a pattern by Cathy Farris taken at a workshop in January called Lakeside Mystery II at the 2011 Road to California Quilt Show.  Cathy Farris will be our guest speaker at Canyon Quilt Guild the April meeting.  I'm appliqueing the center medallion called "Orange Blossom" right now.  I have all the borders done.  It may not be finished but I'll be taking it for Show and Tell one way or another!


If all of this isn't enough...did you see the Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork and Quilting June 2011 Issue?  Starting on page 30 there is another pattern I want to make.  I've got loads of stash green and ivory I want to use...red might be a trip to the quilt shop, but this one just has to be made!  It's called Twist on Tradition by Avis Shirer.  I also have lots of Bonnie Hunter bonus squares already sewn to be part of this gorgeous design.  And of course another Bonnie Hunter pattern in the May/June 2011 Quiltmaker Issue called Lady of Lake Erie is screaming to be made.  Again I've got those bonus squares and a huge selection of blues for this one popping out of their storage bins ready to be sewn.

Check out other design walls by other fabulous quilters at Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Kathie said...

Sandi to get all of this done I think you are going to have to give up sleep for the rest of April!!! Love the Kandy Korn quilt, just my type of quilt.

Beth said...

Kandy Korn is a perfect name for your quilt. I love the colors, it looks yummy.
You are so very busy! Good luck getting all your projects done. Can't wait to see your progress.

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Sandi you are so busy making beautiful quilts! I hope the business in April means you are rewarded with some time to smell the roses in May:) Love how your Kandy Korn turned out!

Diane said...

I LOVE Kandy Korn! I tend to have a lot of projects going at the same time too. I never have been one who could pick just one and see it finished before starting another. Your projects all seem so interesting and fun.

Betty said...

You have ANOTHER winner, Kandy Korn is lovely. Sure would like to buy some of the energy you have. Is it for sale?????

Chris said...

Kandy Korn is a perfect name. I love the way it turned out.

Jo said...

Your Kandy Korn is a beauty....I've thought about making that with my scrap bin, but the scrap bin is running a little low. I too want to make the Lady of Lake Erie. I've been refraining from cutting it out all weekend. I have about five projects going on right now...I really don't need another....but I WANT TOO!!

Quilter Kathy said...

so many great projects on the go...love the kandy korn!

Melinda said...

Kandy Korn is great - perfect colors and perfect name. I really like the flower blocks. I can see a quilt made like this.