Sunday Stash Report, September 26, 2010

Wow it's been a scorcher here in San Diego this weekend. Today has been the hottest of the heat trend we are having so late into September. We've taken today to be our token air conditioning day. We have central air conditioning but seldom ever need it. This year has been a very cool one for San Diego, one of the coolest in history. Anyway as Bonnie Hunter says "It's Africa Hot" in San Diego!

I've finished Koala. Don't really know why this name has stuck with this quilt. It does have browns and tans which initially made me think of the name. It really reads more green so hmmm...maybe we can think of lush bamboo? I do like the way its turned out. I was somewhat skeptical during the process since I was using every green 2 1/2" strip in my stash. With the exception of the "way too blue green" fabric that I took out of four different puss blocks that it ended up in I like how all the greens mixed together. The back is a combination of 10 1/2" green squares, hence I've really put a dent in my green stash. This week starts me off with 20 1/2 yards used and a project completion.
Here's my report for this "It's Africa Hot" San Diego Sunday.

Used this week: 20.5 yards

Used YTD: 90.75 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 6 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 84.75 yards

Go to Judy's blog at
http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and see other Sunday Stash Reports.

3 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Wow! Your numbers look great!

Kathie said...

Can't believe how many yards you have used in such a short time, congrats. Quilt is great.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! This is an amazing quilt!