Sunday Stash Report, June 21, 2015


I have been surprising two fellas in my family this past week.  First, my nephew is the Class of 2015 from South Lakes High School in Reston, Virginia.  Thursday was his Commencement held at George Mason University Patriot Center.  He looked so handsome in his blue cap and gown while a proud family sat in the audience.  He will attend community college in the fall and bunk at home for the first school year.  Time will tell where the future leads him.  I wish him all the luck in the world!  Second, my Dad was dumbfounded to see me in town!  Since Father's Day was so close to the graduation staying to celebrate with him was a must.  My Sister joined in on the weekend.  Four of us had a wonderful lunch at the Lighthouse Restaurant and Dock Bar in Solomons, Maryland.  Yes...I got my soft shell crab fix!

Needless to say not much in the way of using stash this past week.  So therefore no changes to mention.  I did get the binding on Krossings during my flight to Virginia.  Today I finished sewing down the sleeves on all three of these quilts.
Krossings
47" x 47"
Kool Krystals
75" x 90"
Krazy Kookoos
58" x 67"
I have cutting to do on my June 2015 UFO Krossways and assembly of a future 2015 UFO Kamikaze.  It is looking like a busy sewing week.  I hope your day was fabulous.  See more quilters using their stash in the best of ways through the links at Patchwork Times.

Used this week:  0 yard
Used YTD:  123.25 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  73.25
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  50 yards

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a fun thing for you to surprise your nephew and Dad. Sounds like great family time.
Your quilts look great--I especially love Kool Krystals. The name fits it perfectly. : )

Betty said...

Wow, those sure were surprises for Austin and your dad. Dad is still talking about seeing you. Yes, our luncheon and ice cream were so special. Too bad the other siblings weren't with us. Really like the purple in Krossings. Kool Krystals and Krazy Kookoos are very special as well.

Lynette said...

How nice to get to stay and visit with your father! Great work getting the sleeves on several quilts - I have quite a few I need to do still. . . Kool Krystals in particuliar speaks to me with its gorgeous shimmering colors. :)