Design Wall Monday, June 29, 2015

Kamikaze continues to bogart my design wall.  Nothing has changed with it since I shared it last.  DH showed an interest in the colors of this beauty...wondered why it hadn't been worked on in a while.  Well, it sure isn't because I don't want to :(.  I've just had lots on my palate of late.  Fortunately that trend changes this week!  I need some sewing downtime for sure.

QOV Quilt 1
Koronado

QOV Quilt 2
Kidd
I learned what my UFO challenge will be for July.  #11 which is a Quilt of Valor design that is all kitted up from Country Threads.  Quilt 1 is to be made first with the leftover pieces making Quilt 2.  I'm looking forward to working with the red, white, and blue fabrics so appropriate for the month of July.

Kamikaze to finish first, then the two QOV quilts Koronado and Kidd.  You may be wondering about these QOV quilts names; both are currently in commission USS Navy ships with San Diego, CA being their home port.  Seemed appropriate in a few ways =^.^= although I did take some liberty with the USS Coronado.  I will also be sliding in another project, the San Diego Humane Society Fur Ball quilt donation.  This will be year 15 of helping out the animals at their annual black tie fundraising event.

Hope your week is all that you want it to be.  Happy stitching!

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

How appropriate to have this patriotic quilt for your July UFO.
Hey, Kidd is my maiden name!!
Can't wait to see what you make for the Fur Ball this year--they are always such fun projects.

Nancy J said...

looking so good, prolificness in abundance.( that isn't a proper word but seemed to fit)

Betty said...

You got the right colors for July. Patriotic quilts are on the top of my list for favorites. The two "K" names are perfect for your two quilts. Koronado is my favorite.