Sunday Stash Report, August 5, 2012

I'm working away at Kaktus still.  I can't say how much I'm happy to have started this UFO before it's number was called.  All the Flying Geese are kicking me good.  I have an addition to my stash, but will soon show it as a use.  I was certainly tempted to get more because Fat Quarters Quilt Shop had 25% off all Gold fabric.  There was this one piece in particular...my will power kicked in.  Judy, if you ever need a Kansas Troubles fabric let me know.  There's plenty at this quilt shop.  I think I've brought into my sewing room all the neutrals I'll need to finish.  If not my Mom's found a great selection on eBay too.


Will you be doing the Quilt Along with Judy this coming weekend?  I'm planning too.  Yesterday I went through my stash for fabric possibilities.  I'll be using these.  The red for the black in Judy's pattern, black/white check for the red, and the cute Little Golden Books novelty for the yellow.  I thought the novelty fabric would be cute to fussy cut in the blocks centers.  The scale of it is small enough where a good portion would show.  The remaining fabrics are all from the colors in the novelty fabric.  All from stash and no plans to get anything else.  I'll be making the smaller of the two sizes and perhaps change the last border to be the binding still with the red fabric.


I also pulled fabrics for my #6 August UFO, Klappers.  Seems my mind was thinking along the same colors for the two projects I was rummaging my stash for.  That teal blue is one of my favorites.  More on Klappers tomorrow.  Check back then, but right now check out other quilters using up their stash at Patchwork Times.






Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 171.5 yards
Purchased this week:   2.5 yards
Purchased YTD: 102.5  yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 69  yards

2 comments:

Betty said...

I see some of the fabrics that I sent you samples of. Minds run in the same direction.

Janet O. said...

Oh, I keep telling myself "No new sew-alongs". But the little Temecula Summer Stars made me cave. I have to be strong where bigger ones are concerned or I'll never finish anything!