Sunday Stash Report, August 19, 2012


August 2012 UFO DONE!  I'm happy to say Klappers is finished.  Klappers is a Judy Laquidara pattern called Jazzy Nights that was featured in Quiltmaker September/October 2010 issue.  It is a combination of piecing, wonky cuts and foundation piecing.  The variety of techniques made it fun to put together.  I would have liked to have seen a finished drawing of the entire quilt printed as the orientation of the pieced border tricked me a bit.  Notice how the top and right have the HSTs with the light on the inside and the right and bottom have the dark on the inside.  I also found the blocks to be easier sewn as a 12 patch rather than the way it was suggested.  All said and done Klappers looks great!

I have Kordova Klosure in a contest with the Quilting Gallery.  It's last weeks theme Scrappy.  If you have a chance to vote I hope you vote for me.  I've linked you back to my Thursday's post where you can get to the voting.

So that means I have something to record as used this week.  Kerry finished Kommodore this week and I got it yesterday.  I'll be working today on trimming up, a sleeve, binding, and a label.  Next up is finishing Kaktus.  Hope you are happy with your stash report this week.  Find out how others used their stash at Patchwork Times.

Used this week: 13.25 yards
Used YTD: 192.25 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 102.5 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 89.75  yards

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Klappers is great and I voted for your quilt the other day - if I recall, it as doing well in the standings. Great numbers for the year!

Betty said...

Klappers is great, you did an outstanding job. Wishing you luck on the contest.