Design Wall Monday, August 13, 2012


I've spent a little bit of time starting my August UFO Klappers.  It's Judy's Jazzy Nights pattern from a Quiltmaker issue.  These are the first units...lot's of HSTs.  I'll be using my Bloc Loc ruler to square them up.  Also are the start to the wonky stars.  They'll use the four patches and the template along with the foundation piece and the scraps you see next to them.  The stars are surrounded by the HSTs in the design.


After finishing the Quiltathon project yesterday I kept going on Klappers.  I cut the HSTs in half and started the first of the wonky stars.  I'll spend lunchtime either squaring up the HSTs or making wonky star centers.


I like what I see so far.  I'll be back to foundation sewing later tonight.  Hope you are able to do what you want to in your sewing room.  See what others are working on at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Betty said...

I like the block, the background fabric really makes the star go bang.

Marie said...

Great wonky stars - this one is going to be fun. I'm so tempted to start one of these by trying hard to move existing WIPs along before starting anything new.

Nina Marie said...

ohhh you picked great fabrics for your wonky stars - love the background!

Janet O. said...

Very fun stars, Sandi. Will the background be the same on all of them? I love it!

scraphappy said...

Bright and happy wonky stars! Enjoy.

Cathy said...

Love those stars!

Gari in AL said...

Great star. Love the background fabric!