Sunday Stash Report, December 4, 2011

Part of what I'll be doing tomorrow is getting my home Christmas Festive!  My Mom gifted me these cute ornaments.  The two sewing ornaments are ones I already had, but I like them and certainly don't mind having two :)!  Of course anything with a cute cat excites me.  The book Cats' Letters to Santa compiled and edited by Bill Adler with illustrations by Paul Bacon is from my SIL Barbara.  It's full of cute "notes" like:

Dear Santa:
I'd like a nice twelve-year aged-in-an-old-sock hand-selected, single-stalk catnip.  Smooth, with a nice nose, and just a little bit of a bite to it.
Jean-Claude"

I've got two hung up in my sewing room already and one at work that went up on Friday.  Last year I only hung blue Christmas quilts, but this year I'm planning on putting them all up or on a bed.  I'll give you a glimpse once they are hung throughout my home.

Nothing in and nothing out!  I'm working on all kinds of projects but not ready to show usage.  I had hoped to visit a couple of quilt shops when in Maryland but it didn't come to pass.  Just too many other activities occupying my time.  Maybe that's a good thing...although there are a few really nice shops in Southern Maryland and the opportunity doesn't present it self too often.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 235.25 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 111.75 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 123.5 yards

Today I'll be working on Step 1 of Orca Bay Mystery that is Bonnie Hunter's current mystery.  Steps 1 through 3 are out if you are interested in catching up!

Just maybe I'll get to my November UFO Kourageous Heartsease.  It's the first UFO in 2011 that didn't get done in time...  December won't be that way for certain.  Sure hope Judy at Patchwork Times doesn't close the link up before I can post my completion.

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Very cute ornaments. Love the Santa letter quote. Have fun with your sewing today.

Betty said...

You will do just fine. I think you needed a break. Now you can go full steam ahead.