2011 At A Glance, December 31, 2011

Koncealled
Korrecting Koncealled
This year quilting had me involved with all sorts of new things.  In January I hosted Bonnie Hunter in our home for three days.  I got to know her a bit more while she was in the area lecturing and teaching at Canyon Quilt Guild then on to Road to California.  I will be hosting her again in January 2012 as she comes back to lecture and teach at more quilt guilds in the Southern California area.  I was the first Quiltmaker Magazine Online Mystery Hostess.  The Mystery "Secret Window" started with the release of the May/June 2011 issue for three issues.  Quiltmaker set me up on their community blog at Quilters Club of America where I posted three entries complete with step by step instructions and photos to assemble a quilt where the outcome was a mystery.  I'm still connected to the members as they finish their projects.  My online quilt was Koncealled and to make corrections to my posts was Korrecting KoncealledIn May I was the guest speaker at Sunshine Quilt Guild in El Cajon, Ca were I presented a one hour lecture on “How to Get Published” along with a trunk show.  I was amazed to realize that I had around 100 quilts in my home at the time! 
Continuing to use my fabric stash throughout the year several quilts were stitched.  I selected 10 challenges for completion but unfortunately will fall short of my goal this year.  It seems like this year I set my sights on more than I could accomplish; well at least in the sewing room.  
Korabell
Workshops this year brought Komet, Kovers, Kalm, Korabell with her three kitties Krissy, Kitty, and Karl (third cat doll in my collection), Crazy Jacks, and Katnip Krazy into my sewing room.  Cruisin Quilters Annual Quilt Shop Hop in March where animal theme fabrics for Kourageous were on the “get list”.  This project is going to be awesome—exotic flowers using fabric with an animal skin print on a background of black.  Dancing with the Dogs was the fundraiser quilt for the San Diego Humane Society’s annual Fur Ball.  Kiwiberry, Krimson Khat, and Kandy Korn were San Diego Quilt Show entries in September with Krimson Khat on display at The Temecula Quilt Company in Temecula, Ca during the month of October and Komfort Kove at a show in Ramona, Ca in early October.  Crazy Jacks was a fundraiser for Sunshine Quilt Guild in October.  Koh-i-noor was published in Quiltmaker Magazine July/August 2011 issue.  Starting November 18th with the first of 8 parts is this year's Bonnie Hunter annual mystery "Orca Bay".  I'm calling my project Kordova Klosure.  I'm up-to-date with this one...at least for now.  I have five other quilts in various stages of progress.  And too many 2011 UFOs not even started.  So let me share my 2011 completions.
Crazy Jacks
Kalm
Kondor's Klutch
Kolonial
Family Thanksgiving Reunion 2011
Kovers
Katnip Krazy












I'm looking forward to Australian Homespun February 2012 issue when Kolonial will be in print.  As 2011 closes I've got four quilts at Kerry's  Quilting where nearly all of my quilts are quilted.  And of course another list of UFOs is assembled for 2012.  I moved from storage tote pans to quilt projects nearly 125 yards of fabric as part of my goal to use my stash.  And 2012 starts me off at zero once again.  Finally, Santa brought me one of the best of gifts...a brand new Pfaff Quilters Expression 4.0.  I'm waiting to see what specials Koala has to offer me at Road to California in January on a Quiltmate Plus IV cabinet.
Hope you've had a happy and joyful sewing year.

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sandra, you are certainly one accomplished quilter! Lovely finishes, and lucky girl to get a new machine. I need your Santa to talk with my Santa! : )

Betty said...

All I can say is WOW! and FANTASTIC

Marj said...

Beautiful quilts! I am sure that 2012 will be another great quilt year for you too.