Sunday Stash Report, August 9, 2020


A completion this week in Kandi.  This project is a 2020 #6 UFO.  Frankly I didn't think it would finish so quick.  The pattern is called Sugar Sand Beach by Atkinson Designs.  All the fabrics were gifted to me (thanks Mom and her guild).  I brought this down to 1 1/2 inch strips from the jelly roll.  This is the layout for a lap size, but when brought down in size it finished at 36 inches by 42 inches.  My sister offered several ideas with Kandi as the first word for a name.  I decided it only needed one name!


These are the the fabrics for the binding and back.  My stash is not strong with yardage pieces so this one will be 8 1/2 inch squares sewn together.


This project will be a Sunshine Charity quilt for one of the kids at Becky's House.  There are two sets of orphan blocks that make most of this project.  My friend Bonnie gifted me the pink kitty fabric that worked well here.  The basic pattern is comprised of 2 inch finished 9-patches.


These fabrics will be used for back and binding.  More will be needed from my stash!  It is there just waiting for me to find it!


Saturday three projects arrived quilted from Kerry.  I will be getting the binding ready and look forward to some patio time and/or relaxing in my family room chair.


So the stash numbers change this week with the finish of two projects.  I'm one step closer to having all 2020 UFOs done =^.^=

Used this week:  11.5 yards
Used YTD:  98 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  14 yards
Net used in 2020: 84 yards
 

1 comment:

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

Wow, you really stay busy. I like the name Kandi. Love the Nutcracker.