Design Wall Monday, August 24, 2020

 There are nine Candy Cats on my Design Wall today.  My goal is  to add in cats with different colors and darker backgrounds.  Of course I'll be using only stash for these cuties.  My first cat add is the one in the middle bottom row.  It was quite a challenge figuring out the way to cut the fabric to have the stripes in the ears going horizontal and in opposite directions.  Then after success, what I thought might happen, urgh, the stripes did not stand out from the background enough.  I sure wasn't going to give up on these ears!  Instead a very tiny pipping was added in the color of the cat to separate the two fabrics.  I believe it did the trick.  So from this cat I have notes for future striped ears and a solution should the contrast me too similar between the ears and the background =^.^=

How do you like my ears?

The background fabric is busy, but this project will be full of this sort of craziness!

Later today I will be back to making more of these fun Candy Cat blocks.  This is my usual travel to parents home and the start of a two week vacation.  The entire traveling idea doesn't suit me for now, so there will be wishes from coast to coast instead.  We are still working through the heat that has been the normal here in San Diego this past week.  

I hope you will have an excellent week.  

1 comment:

Betty said...

Love them all so much, individual personality. Don’t ask me to pick a favorite, lol not possible. Really like this pattern