Thursday, August 15, 2013

One of my coworkers sent me this...said he thought of me when he read it.  Isn't it the truth!
August 2013 UFO Challenge
I spent time this morning taking apart and putting back together Korral.  When I thought I had only the last border to sew in place; it turned out to be much more :(!  I had six 9-patches turned the wrong way.  Five in one row and one all by its lonesome.  I was so happy to discover my error before it was quilted.  I'll have this one to Kerry's Quilting soon.  It will be recorded on Sunday's Stash Report as stash used to the tune of 12.5 yards.  It's also ready for Aunt Marti's Thirteen in '13 UFO Challenge parade that will be on September 1st.
As you can see in the picture with Korral that I was also working on Deck-Ade The Halls.  I'm up-to-date today through download #7 which are the wreaths.  I think the trees are next.  This is the finished project.
Here is what my project looks like so far.



4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Korral looks beautiful, as expected. I admire your pluck in getting right on those 9-patches and just fixing it right away. That might have stalled the whole project, had it been mine.
Love your version of Deck-ade the Halls! : )

Betty said...

Korral is very nice, knew you would have it finished on PJ day. Sure glad that you found the mistakes, your head would be boiling over if not caught before it was quilted. Deck-ade-the Halls will be completed before the weekend ends. Great job, LU

Jennifer Thomas said...

I just adore Deckade the Halls! I can't wait to see it all finished. Have a super day!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Korral is gorgeous! SO glad you found those rogue 9 patches before it was quilted! That would have been a lot to deal with!